Meet EEIP at the IEA Global Conference on Energy Efficiency 2018.
The International Energy Agency’s third annual Global Conference on Energy Efficiency will convene dignitaries and leaders from across the globe. The aim is to share insights and experiences on how to increase action and maintain momentum on energy efficiency in the context of a slow-down in global energy intensity improvements and resurgent CO2 emissions.
This year’s conference proceedings will be informed by the most extensive analysis the IEA has ever conducted on energy efficiency. Energy Efficiency 2018, the latest in the IEA’s energy efficiency market report series, will be released one week prior to the conference. The report features a World Energy Outlook Efficient World Scenario (EWS), which sheds light on how energy efficiency can reduce global energy demand by 2040 across all key economic sectors while delivering multiple non-energy benefits.
The first day of the conference is devoted to panel discussions featuring gobal efficiency leaders, who will explore in detail some of the most current and critical efficiency topics. Day two features ministers, CEOs, leaders of international organisations and other dignitaries, who will share their views on the importance of energy efficiency for their countries and organisations.
08.00 – 09.00 Registration and welcome coffee
09.00 – 09.15 Opening Remarks
09.15 – 10.45 Energy Efficiency in a Changing World
Panellists will discuss the implications for energy efficiency resulting from changes to energy systems, notably through decentralisation and digitalisation.
- Mr Saurabh Kumar, Managing Director, Energy Efficiency Services Limited, India
- Mr Said Mouline, Chief Executive Officer, Moroccan Agency for Energy Efficiency
- Mr Clay Nesler, Vice-President, Global Sustainability and Industry Initiatives, Johnson Controls
- Ms Afra Alowais, Chief Efficienology Officer, Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority, United Arab Emirates
- Mr Matt Golden, Chief Executive Officer, OpenEE
10.45 – 11.15 Coffee Break
11.15 – 12.45 Growth and Prosperity through Efficiency
In this session, panellists will explore how energy efficiency can deliver economic and social results, through greater energy security, job creation and development opportunities in both developed and emerging economies.
- Ms Roula Majdalani, Director, Sustainable Development and Productivity Division, UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia
- Mr Paul Hodson, Head of Energy Efficiency Unit, European Commission
- Mr Kofi Adu Agyarko, Director, Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change, Energy Commission, Ghana
- Mr Mahama Kappiah, Executive Director, Economic Community of West Africa, Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Mr Durwood Zaelke, Founder and President, Institute for Governance and Sustainable Development
Join the conversation at #energyefficientworld Page 2 of 3
12.45 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 15.30 Cities and Regions Leading the Way on Efficiency
Cities and regions have established themselves as key focal points in global efforts to address climate change, and energy efficiency plays a key part in their efforts. Panellists will share insights based on international best practice.
- Ms Jennifer Layke, Director, Building Efficiency Initiative, World Resources Institute
- Ms Zoe Sprigings, Programme Director, Energy and Buildings, C40 Cities
- Ms Maryke van Staden, Director, Bonn Center for Local Climate Action and Reporting
- Mr Harry Verhaar, Head of Global Public and Government Affairs, Signify
- Ms Jess Miller, Councillor, Sydney, Australia
15.30 - 16.00 Coffee Break
16.00 - 17.30 Innovations in Financing Efficiency
Financing energy efficiency remains one of the most critical topics in the clean energy transitions. Our esteemed panellists will discuss recent innovations and share ideas on how to scale and replicate efficiency investments.
- Mr Josué Tanaka, Managing Director, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Ms Took Gee Loo, Chair Itramas International and former Secretary-General of Energy, Green Technology and Water, Malaysia
- Mr Paul Bienstock, Vice President, Asset Finance, Citibank
- Ms Jessica Stromback, Senior Vice President and Chair, Joule Assets Europe
- Mr Andreas Biermann, Deputy Director, Green Climate Fund
- Mr Ming Yang, Senior Climate Change Specialist, Global Environment Facility
17.30 - 18.00 Wrap up and closing remarks
18.00 Reception and Innovation Showcase
The evening reception will feature a start-up innovation showcase featuring winners from the Ashden Awards and the SET Awards.
High Level Perspectives
08.00 - 09.00 Registration and welcome coffee
09.00 - 09.10 Welcome by Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
09.10 - 10.10 Governmental Perspectives, chaired by Dr Fatih Birol
- Mr Kimmo Tiilikainen, Minister of the Environment, Energy and Housing, Finland
- Mr Aziz Rabbah, Minister of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development, Morocco
- Mr Rene Tammist, Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology, Estonia
- Dr Amani Abou-Zeid, Commissioner for Infrastructure, Energy, ICT and Tourism, African Union
10.10 - 10.40 Coffee Break
10.40. - 12.00 Business Perspectives
- Ms Isabelle Kocher, Chief Executive Officer, Engie
- Mr Johannes Teyssen, Chief Executive Officer, E.ON
- Mr Henrik Henriksson, Chief Executive Officer, Scania
- Mr Kim Fausing, Chief Executive Officer, Danfoss
- Mr Jean-Pascal Tricoire, Chief Executive Officer, Schneider Electric
12.00 - 13.00 Lunch
13.00 - 14.30 Global Insights
- Mr Thorsten Herdan, Director General, Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy, Germany
- Mr Ahmed Al-Zahrani, Director General, Saudi Energy Efficiency Center, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Ms Rachel Kyte, Chief Executive Officer, Sustainable Energy for All
- Mr Carsten Staur, Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the OECD, Denmark
- Ms Tina Birmpili, Executive Secretary, UN Ozone Secretariat
- Mr Sun Xiansheng, Secretary General, International Energy Forum
- Mr Andrew McDowell, Vice-President, European Investment Bank
- Ms Sang Jing, Executive Director, China Council for an Energy Efficient Economy
14.30 - 15.45 Fireside Chat
- Dr Ajay Mathur, Director General, The Energy and Resources Institute, India
- Mr Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Institute of Energy Economics, Japan
- Ms Joyce Henry, Director General, Natural Resources Canada
- Ms Laurence Tubiana, Chief Executive Officer, European Climate Foundation
- Dr Brian Motherway, Head of Energy Efficiency, International Energy Agency
15.45 - Closing