Open NOW, till the 30th of September
The majority of industrial companies who recently participated in the Barometer, are already pursuing a systematic approach to increase energy efficiency. Furthermore most of them want to invest in energy efficiency in the future. But where do individual enterprises stand in terms of energy efficiency and what can they do to further strengthen their competitiveness? The Industry Barometer originated in Germany and is collected semi-annually by the Institute for Energy Efficiency in Production (EEP) of the University of Stuttgart, in collaboration with inter alia Fraunhofer IPA, Energy Efficiency in Industrial Processes (EEIP), the Expense Reduction Analysts (ERA) and numerous partners across 88 countries.
From now until the 30th of September, manufacturing companies across 88 countries once again have the opportunity to participate in and help grow the Barometer. Business participation is vital to develop the Barometer and enable companies to consider how they can accelerate the energy transition through greater efficiency and productivity in their own business. In addition to this, through direct comparison with the average competitor in your sector (anonymised), you can make investment decisions and derive strategies for your own business' energy efficiency and productivity. Access to this information can help increase your company's efficiency and thus improve your competitiveness. Results will be published online by the end of fourth quarter.
Launched at the Industrial Energy Efficiency meeting of EU / UNEP FI's Energy Efficiency Financial Institutions Group (EEFIG) by EEP, EEIP and Fraunhofer in Brussels, the #EEBarometer helps to accelerate action towards increased energy efficiency action in industry, it takes the pulse of the industrial demand side and...
- Helps to reduce unknowns, risks and uncertainty in relation to energy efficiency interventions.
- Informs legislators what the current situation is and what the needs of industry really are, how instruments perform and what type of instrument or framework may be required.
- Assesses the effectiveness/impact of pilot - and development programs and puts them in relation to control-groups.
- Makes financial institutions and service providers aware of feasible projects and required funding mechanisms and services.
- Informs companies about where they stand & about new strategies
- Equips companies and legislators with insights on how and where to act to increase energy productivity.
- Enables, in medium-term, sector-specific cross-country analyses =>TOP-Runners.
Where the questionnaire can be found:
Click here to access the questionnaire in all languages, or directly to one of the following links:
- For international english version here.
- For spanish version here.
- For french version here.
The survey takes just a few minutes to complete and your data will be anonymous. Participate and spread the word!
In addition to selected results, registered users (free of charge) will be offered an exclusive, sector-specific breakdown of the results. Country and language partners also benefit from sector-specific results (contact author if interested in becoming a partner). Results will be published online in the end of the fourth quarter (2018).
Do not forget...
Contact and further information:
Stefan M. Buettner, Dipl.-Volksw.
Head of International Affairs & Strategy, EEP / Institute for Energy Efficiency in Production
Phone +49 711 970-1156
Stay tuned! Best ideas for energy efficiency and energy transition...
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and stay connected to the best ideas in Energy Efficiency Finance, Energy Management, GreenHeat, IoT, Blockchain, Smart Grids, Green Buildings and Energy Policy.